The Edelrid ohm is an assisted braking resistance system that prevents the belayer from being thrown high when the weight difference with the climber is too great.
Upstreamblocking system to increase rope friction in the event of a large weight difference between the climber and belayer. In the event of a fall, this device increases the friction of the rope, which allows a lighter belayer to hold a heavier leader without any problem .
- easy to use
- perfect for a featherweight/heavyweight pair
Technical characteristics :
- Much less force for the belayer to mobilize in case of a fall
- Much easier to control the descent of a heavier climber
- Fits on the first piton of the belay chain
- In the event of a fall from the first piton, the device reduces the risk of a possible fall to the ground
- No handling limitations for the lead climber (no friction when the belayer takes up slack)
- Recommended weight difference (climber > belayer): 10 – 40 kg
- Minimum weight of belayer: 40 kg
- For single ropes 8.9 – 11.0 mm
- Approved rope diameter [mm]: 8.9 – 11
- CE marking: CE 0123
- country of origin: Germany
- weight: 470 g
There are no reviews yet.