The Edelrid SWIFT 48 PRO DRY 8.9MMcan be used as a single, double or twin rope and meets three standards.The rope is manufactured on a 48-spindle braiding machine and has an extremely fine sheath structure , making it very comfortable to handle and at the same time particularly resistant to abrasion. It is one of the thinnest single ropes on the market, with a minimum weight and a very small diameter of 8.9 mm, which makes it very easy to handle. However, when used as a single, this rope is not suitable for training or for use on top rope.
- easy to handle
- One string, three standards
- Minimum weight, extremely small diameter and excellent grip
- When used as a single, this rope is not suitable for training or rope climbing
- Durable water and dirt resistance thanks to Pro Dry treatment
- Certified as a single, double and twin rope
- Less than 2% water absorption according to the UIAA Water Repellent test
- Immediately usable without twisting thanks to the skein coiling
- Diameter [mm]: 8.90
- dynamic elongation [%]: 34 / 28 / 28
- impact force [kN]: 8,7 / 6,5 / 10,8
- Core ratio [%]: 59.00
- sheath proportion [%]: 41,00
- weight per meter [g/m]: 53,00
- Cut length [cm]: 0,15
- Static elongation [%]: 6,2/6,2/5,0
- Drop factor: 6 / 20 / 22
- UIAA: yes
- CE marking: CE 0123
- country of origin: Germany
- single rope: yes
- double rope: yes
Label and Technology :
- Pro Dry Untreated ropes can absorb up to 50% of their own weight in water. This is why dry treated ropes are used for activities where ropes are more likely to get wet, such as ice climbing or mountaineering. Pro Dry is a new finishing process, which provides a solution to this problem. The core threads are first infused. Then, after braiding, the finished rope (core and sheath) is infused again. In a final step, the dry treatment is thermally fixed. The result is a rope that is permanently water and dirt resistant. Pro Dry ropes dry particularly quickly, absorb virtually no water and are frost-resistant in cold weather. Due to their minimal water absorption, Pro Dry ropes hardly increase in weight. This means that they continue to perform well and offer high safety reserves even in wet conditions
- Thermo Shield is the standard treatment we apply to all our ropes. The heat stabilization process ensures that the core and sheath threads are perfectly balanced. A special heat treatment first relaxes and then shrinks the string fibres. This harmonizes the sliding characteristics of the threads within the rope and ensures that it remains compact and flexible throughout its life. It also ensures that the rope does not shrink or become stiff.
- 3D Lap Coil EDEL-RID: In combination with the thoughtful design of the packaging that comes with each EDEL-RID rope, it is now super easy to instantly start your climb using your new rope: you don’t need to do more than pull it! The marking on the rope as well as a detailed description on the packaging also ensures that you are doing things correctly and that you can use the full potential of the rope without twisting or tangling.
There are no reviews yet.