The EDELRID Heron Pro Dry 9.9mm single rope is distinguished by its wide range of use, which is mainly due to the Pro Dry impregnation. This allows the rope to effectively repel water and dirt, even after prolonged contact, and thus to retain its characteristics. This also earns the rope the official UIAA seal of approval. Thanks to the high proportion of sheathing, the rope is also extremely robust and can withstand bouldering.
Thanks to the Thermo Shield treatment, the core and sheath fit perfectly together, preventing the rope from shrinking, maintaining smooth handling, and allowing it to slip between intermediate belayers. With the Bluesign certificate, the rope boasts environmentally friendly and sustainable manufacturing. All this makes the Edelrid Heron Pro Dry 9.8 mm a perfect rope for all possible hikes where the weather is unpredictable, and for sport or mixed route hikes where every gram counts!
- Comfortable to handle thanks to the Thermo Shield treatment
- Durable water and dirt resistance thanks to the Pro Dry treatment
- Low weight, high strength and excellent handling
- Less than 2% water absorption according to the UIAA Water Repellent test
- Immediately usable without tendril formation thanks to the skein coiling
Technical Data :
- Diameter [mm]: 9.80
- dynamic elongation [%]: 34
- impact force [kN]: 8,90
- Core ratio [%]: 61.00
- sheath proportion [%]: 39,00
- weight per meter [g/m]: 63,00
- Static elongation [%]: 8,30
- Drop factor: 10
- UIAA: yes
- CE marking: CE 0123
- country of origin: Germany
- single rope: yes
- double rope: no
- Activities: alpine climbing, sport climbing, mixed climbing, mountaineering, ice climbing
Label and Technology :
- single rope: EDELRID manufactures single ropes in diameters ranging from 8.9 mm to 10.5 mm. Their weight is 52 to 69 grams per meter. Single ropes with a thicker diameter are generally stronger and can withstand more falls. But thicker also means heavier. For intensive use, such as work routes or climbing, there are strong single ropes with a higher sheath proportion.
- Pro Dry: Untreated ropes can absorb up to 50% of their own weight in water. This is why dry treated ropes are used for activities where ropes are more likely to get wet, such as ice climbing or mountaineering. Pro Dry is a new finishing process, which provides a solution to this problem. The core threads are first infused. Then, after braiding, the finished rope (core and sheath) is infused again. In a final step, the dry treatment is thermally fixed. The result is a rope that is permanently water and dirt resistant. Pro Dry ropes dry particularly quickly, absorb virtually no water and are frost-resistant in cold weather. Due to their minimal water absorption, Pro Dry ropes hardly increase in weight. This means that they continue to perform well and offer high safety reserves even in wet conditions.
- Thermo Shield is the standard treatment we apply to all our ropes. The thermal stabilization process ensures that the core and sheath threads are perfectly balanced. A special heat treatment first relaxes and then shrinks the string fibres. This harmonizes the sliding characteristics of the threads within the rope and ensures that it remains compact and flexible throughout its life. It also ensures that the string does not shrink or become stiff.
- 3D Lap Coil: In combination with the thoughtful design of the packaging that comes with each EDEL-RID rope, it is now super easy to instantly start your climb using your new rope: you don’t need to do more than pull it! The marking on the rope as well as a detailed description on the packaging also ensures that you are doing things correctly and can use the full potential of the rope without twisting or tangling.
There are no reviews yet.